To maintain compliance with the Department of Transportation, Pipeline Safety Regulations, Part 192.16, Customer Owned Service Lines, Customer Notification, the Livingston Parish Gas Utility District #1 – Gas Department issues the following notice:
• The Livingston Parish Gas Utility District #1 – Gas Department does not maintain customer piping beyond the natural gas meter.
• If customer’s piping is not maintained, it may be subject to potential hazards of corrosion and leakage.
• Customer’s buried gas piping beyond the natural gas meter should be:
➢ Periodically inspected for leaks
➢ Periodically inspected for corrosion in the piping is metallic
➢ Repaired if any unsafe condition is discovered
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT IF A LEAK IS DISCOVERED AT ANY TIME ON THE CUSTOMER SIDE OF THE METER WE ARE
REQUIRED BY PIPLINE SAFETY TO LOCK THE METER UNTIL IT IS FIXED, AND PROOF HAS BEEN PROVIDED OF REPAIRS!
*** NO EXCEPTIONS! ***
• When excavating near buried gas piping, the piping should be located two (2) working days in advance, by calling:
811 – LOUISIANA ONE CALL, and the excavation near the gas line should be done by hand!
• Local plumbers and heating contractors can assist in locating, inspecting and repairing the customer’s buried piping.
If you, the customer, have any questions pertaining to this notice, please feel free to call the Livingston Parish Gas Dist. #1 – Gas Department at 225-667-8273 or 1-800-666-9396. As always, our goal is to provide the very best and safest gas service possible to you!
Livingston Parish Gas District #1 – Gas Department